Image to the left taken from the Holy City Brewing Facebook Page
Thinking of hosting a bachelor party in Charleston? First, pat yourself on the back, because you just selected one of the BEST places to have a dude’s trip. Second, read this post for some insider tips on some must-include activities for your bachelor weekend itinerary in Charleston:
1. Visit a local brewery: With a handful of Lowcountry-inspired breweries popping up around the Charleston area, it’s no surprise that Charleston has made its way onto the avid beer drinker’s list as one of the hottest microbrewery destinations on the East Coast!
Some of the best Charleston breweries to visit include Coast Brewing Company, Palmetto Brewing Company, Holy City Brewing, and Westbrook Brewing Company.
2. Bocce ball on the beach: Take a bocce ball set to one of Charleston’s beautiful beaches such as Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, or Folly Beach and enjoy some outdoor competitive action while soaking in the surf. Note that alcohol is prohibited on all of these beaches; therefore, belly-up to one of the beachfront bars on Isle of Palms or Folly Beach if you want to enjoy some margaritas or a brew!
3. Golf or Disc Golf: Whether you and your buddies golf or play disc golf, there are a variety of courses for you to choose from.
For regular golf, some of the best and most affordable Charleston golf courses include Dunes West, Patriot’s Point Links, Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Club, and Charleston National.
For disc golf courses, hit up Trophy Lakes, Park Circle, or Tidal Creek.
4. Watch a RiverDogs Baseball Game: There’s nothing quite like grabbing a beer, hot dog, and some boiled peanuts and sitting down in a stadium to watch an American classic: baseball. Catch a RiverDogs Baseball Game at the Joe Riley Stadium in downtown Charleston this spring or summer.
Image above taken from the Charleston RiverDogs Facebook page
5. Blues & BBQ Cruise: We just started our Blues & BBQ Cruises back up and the first one of the season is already sold out!
If you’re looking for some tasty Charleston barbecue from the best BBQ joint in town (that’s Fiery Ron’s Home Team BBQ), live blues music, and beer and spirits, then join us for our weekly Blues & BBQ cruise, happening every Thursday. There is no better way to be entertained on the water than on this exciting Charleston harbor cruise.
6. Bar Crawl on King Street: Home to some of the best bars, clubs, and lounges in the Lowcountry, King Street in downtown Charleston is the ultimate nightlife scene. From dive bars to dance clubs and cocktail lounges to pubs, you can’t go wrong with a night out on King Street!
Below are some of our favorite places to hit up at night on King Street:
- Cocktail Club
- Charleston Beer Works
- Closed for Business
- Mynt (just off King Street on Calhoun Street)
7. Grab a bite to eat at Charleston’s famous burger and barbecue joints: Famous for having some of the best food on the East Coast (and arguably in the United States!), Charleston beckons foodies to its downhome burger hangouts and BBQ joints.
Below are some of our favorite places for a brew, burger, and barbecue:
- Sesame Burgers & Beer (Mount Pleasant & North Charleston)
- Fiery Ron’s Home Team BBQ (Sullivan’s Island & West Ashley)
- Poe’s Tavern (Sullivan’s Island)
- The Sloppy Cow (James Island)
- Big Gun Burger Shop & Bar (downtown Charleston)
- Momma Brown’s (Mount Pleasant)
- JB’s Smokeshack (John’s Island)
Image above of Home Team BBQ’s award-winning ribs, taken from the Home Team BBQ of Charleston, SC Facebook page
8. Fishing Charter: One of the East Coast’s best fishing spots, Charleston boasts some great fishing adventures inshore, offshore, and deep sea. There are a variety of excellent fishing charter companies in Charleston that offer fantastic excursions with highly experienced captains and mates.
Some of the fish you’ll catch on an inshore Charleston fishing charter include red drum and sheepshead, while offshore fishing usually produces sea bass, grouper, dolphin, and triggerfish. There are even fishing charters that offer crabbing, shark fishing, and fly-fishing.
9. Get out on the water: Explore Shem Creek via kayak with Nature Adventures Outfitters kayak rentals, or pump up the adrenaline on a jetski through the intracoastal waterway with Tidal Wave Water Sports on Isle of Palms. They even offer wakeboarding, boat charters, and parasailing excursions.