There are plenty of reasons to love Charleston – we are the No. 1 city in the U.S. after all. And as we approach the Thanksgiving season, we pause for a moment to give thanks for such a fabulous city and all it has to offer.
Here are the top 5 reasons we’re thankful for Charleston:
- Food – We feel completely confident we could eat at one delicious restaurant after another each night for a year. This city has every kind of delicious delicacy you could imagine from shrimp and grits to barbecue and from oysters to gourmet burgers. There’s no fear of going hungry on a visit to Charleston. In fact, you might want to spend a little extra time in the gym before you come.
- History – America’s own story has deep roots in Charleston and that history winds its way through the Civil War, wealthy plantation owners, signers of the U.S. Constitution, architecture, ghost lore and much, much more.
- Friendly people – Yes, ma’am, we have some of the nicest people around. In fact, the Holy City often ranks high on lists of the friendliest cities in the United States. We move at a less hurried pace here and take time to chat with people we’ve just met. So, if you’re visiting and need something, don’t hesitate to ask. We guarantee you’ll get a polite response.
- Culture – Charleston is the best the South has to offer. From the laid-back beaches to the Gullah traditions of the sea islands, our culture is a bewitching blend of history, cuisine and Southern lore.
- Water – It’s impossible to visit Charleston without breathing the sea air or catching a stunning sunset over the Charleston Harbor. Of course we love spending time on the water – preferably taking visitors on tours of the harbor where we can share tidbits of history, point out a significant buildings along the steeple-dotted skyline or crank up the blues music and dance the night away under the stars.
We could go on (and on) but, now, share with us why you’re thankful for Charleston and what this great city means to you.