Time is ticking for Father’s Day; so make sure you get your gift for dad soon! To help you along, here is a list of our favorite Charleston gift ideas that are perfect for Father’s Day:
1. Make sure Dad looks good while oyster shucking: Nothing says the Lowcountry quite like a Charleston-made oyster shuckin’ knife! Get your dad one that is not only handsome but also one that is durable and can crack those tough shells. We like Coastal Custom Knifeworks’ product, but there are a wide selection of other companies in the area, as well, that make custom Charleston oyster knives.
Image above taken from the Coastal Custom Knifeworks website
2. Spice up Dad’s Sunday mornings: Does Dad consider the best Sunday mornings to be the ones with some homemade brunch and a darn-good Bloody Mary? If so, you’ll definitely impress him with the Charleston Bloody Mary Mix by the Charleston Beverage Company. They even came out with a new Bold & Spicy Mix! Package a bottle or two of this Bloody Mary mix with a duo of glasses or a bottle of vodka.
Image above taken from the Charleston Mix website
3. Add Lowcountry to the home cooked meals genre: If Dad loves to cook, then he’ll definitely love the Lowcountry and Gullah products made down here in the Charleston area. From soups to rubs, and breakfast items to flavorful sauces, Gullah Gourmet offers a wide array of Lowcountry products that are sure to add rich, authentic southern flavor to any dish.
Click here to visit their website and purchase some of their products. If you happen to be in the Charleston area, make sure to stop by The Charleston City Market in downtown Charleston, as the products are sold there, as well!
4. Give Dad a break from yard work with a Salty Lounger: Locally made, Salty Lounger chairs are handcrafted right here in Charleston! With beautiful craftsmanship these comfortable and gorgeous chairs are sure to add southern charm to Dad’s backyard, porch, or dock.
Salty Loungers can be purchased at Celadon in Mount Pleasant (which also sells a wide variety of stunning home furnishings and accessories). You can also purchase Salty Loungers via phone at 843-580-2049 or email email@example.com
Image above taken from the Salty Lounger Facebook Page
5. Help Dad take a load off and relax on the water: Does your dad love getting out onto the water, but can’t do it as often as he’d like? We have the perfect gift idea for him! Take him aboard (or get him a gift certificate for) the Schooner Pride sunset sail. This relaxing, two-hour sail takes place around Charleston harbor and brings to life some of the attractions that surround the harbor. Beer, wine, water, and soft drinks are also served on board.
6. Spruce dad up at the Gents Barber Spa in downtown Charleston: Whether you take Dad yourself, or purchase a gift certificate for him to Gents Barber Spa in downtown Charleston, I promise you, he’ll want to do a monthly visit to this exceptional, well-appointed barber spa shop.
This prestigious Charleston barber spa offers haircuts, massages, a hot face shave, a manly manicure and pedicures, executive shoe shining services, and much more.
7. A combo for the BBQ-loving dad: Does Dad love BBQ? Like, REALLY love BBQ? Then we suggest getting him some locally made BBQ sauces + a gift certificate for a Blues & BBQ Sunset Cruise aboard The Carolina Belle! Many locally made Charleston barbecue sauces are sold at local grocery stores, including Piggly Wiggly, as well as at The Charleston City Market and the Charleston Farmer’s Market in Marion Square.
In addition to purchasing some Charleston-made BBQ sauces, get your dad a gift certificate to our Blues & BBQ Sunset Cruise. These cruises happen on select Thursdays and feature live blues music, plus a tasty BBQ buffet from Home Team BBQ (the BEST in the Lowcountry)!