For over a century, Charleston visitors and locals, alike, have been experiencing the beauty of Charleston’s harbor with Charleston Harbor Tours. Although our fleet has changed along the way, Charleston Harbor Tours still provides the most authentic and enlightening tours and cruises to guests looking to explore the historical and cultural fabric of Charleston.
Harbor Tours & Cruises
Currently, we have three vessels in operation, each offering various activities that provide a unique perspective on the rich cultural and historical fabrics of Charleston harbor. Each of our vessels and tours are outlined below:
The Carolina Belle:
- Historic Charleston Harbor Cruise: Our celebrated Charleston Harbor Tour is the ultimate insider’s look into the historically significant Charleston harbor. Each 90-minute tour features a live narration by the operating captain, bringing to life The Holy City’s history and culture, and pointing out renowned points of interest and fascinating facts. To purchase tickets or for more information about this Charleston boat tour, click here.
- Blues & BBQ Cruise: The Carolina Belle also hosts our famous Sunset Blues & BBQ Cruise, which is an exciting sunset cruise that’s catered by Charleston’s best BBQ, Fiery Ron’s Home Team BBQ. Live music is performed by the one-and-only blues band, Shrimp City Slim. To purchase tickets or for more information about this Charleston harbor cruise, click here.
The Schooner Pride:
- Afternoon Dolphin Sail: Hop aboard The Schooner Pride, an 84-foot tall ship, and sail along Charleston’s harbor in search of dolphins. During this two-hour tour, you’ll pass by some of Charleston’s most historically and culturally renowned points of interest as you relax on deck. To purchase tickets or for more information about this harbor tour, click here.
- Sunset Sail: Soak in the kaleidoscope of red and orange hues as the sun sets behind Charleston harbor’s famous horizon. This relaxing two-hour sail is the perfect way to view Charleston’s points of interest at close proximity and gain a new perspective on the beauty of Charleston. To purchase tickets or for more information about this Charleston sunset sail, click here.
- Moonlight Sail: Relax under the moonlight to the sweet sounds of live acoustic music on The Schooner Pride Moonlight Sail. This two-hour cruise does include two complimentary beverages of your choice, including beer, wine, champagne, soda, or bottled water (you may also purchase additional drinks on board at the snack bar). To purchase tickets or for more information about this Charleston sailing tour, click here.
The Carolina Queen:
- Murder Mystery Cruise: The year is 1920 and you are one of the honored few, hand-selected by Andrew Wheeler himself, to attend the grand re-opening of your favorite speakeasy, Old Hickory. That pesky 18th Amendment may have closed the doors of our onshore location, but it has not outplayed your host! Old Hickory is re-opening offshore, aboard the The Carolina Queen paddleboat. The evening is sure to be a memorable one. It is prohibition, of course, so don’t go blabbing to the Fuzz about where you will be. And, should the spirit move you, feel free to don your finest 1920’s era accessories for the event. To purchase tickets or for more information about this murder mystery cruise, click here.
For individuals who want to experience the most of Charleston, we suggest opting into our Combination Packages, which will save you more than 15% on ticket purchases. This is a perfect option for families and groups. Each of our Combination Packages are outlined below:
- Combo Tour >>Charleston Harbor Tour & Carriage Ride: Take part in an exciting excursion, combing Charleston’s land and sea. This combo tour package includes a Charleston Harbor Tour (90-minute narrated tour outlined above under The Carolina Belle tours section) and a Palmetto Carriage Works ride. Both tours offer a unique perspective on Charleston’s history and cultural background. Purchasing the combo tour package will guarantee you a spot on the Charleston Harbor Tour cruise AND provide you with a voucher for a Palmetto Carriage Works Carriage Ride that can be use any day and any time. To purchase tickets or to learn more about this combo package and the Charleston carriage tour, click here.
- Combo Tour >> Charleston Harbor Tour & Plantation Tour: This unique package combines the historic Charleston Harbor Tour with admission to one of the south’s most celebrated plantations, Boone Hall Plantation. When you purchase a combo ticket you are guaranteed a spot on a Charleston Harbor Tour cruise and receive a voucher to use for admission at Boone Hall. To purchase tickets or to learn more about this combo package, click here.
- Tri-Combo Tour >> Charleston Harbor Tour, Plantation Tour, & Carriage Ride: A great way to explore all of Charleston, the tri-combo package guarantees you a Charleston Harbor Tour spot and provides you with a voucher for a Palmetto Carriage Works Carriage Ride and admission to Boone Hall Plantation. To purchase tickets or for more information about the tri-combo tour package, click here.
- Charleston Ghost Tour + Charleston Harbor Tour >> Enjoy an exciting combination of two of Charleston’s most famous tours: a Historic Charleston Harbor Tour and a Charleston Ghost Tour with Bulldog Tours. These tours reveal two very different sides of our beautiful and eerie historic city, an exciting adventure during both day and night for the whole family. One discounted ticket will guarantee you a spot on the Charleston Harbor Tour AND entitle you to a voucher for The Haunted Jail Tour OR The Ghost and Graveyard Walking Tour that can be used for any date and time!
To purchase tickets or for more information about this combo tour package, click here.
Special & Private Events
Charleston Harbor Tours hosts special events throughout the year and offers the perfect venues for private events. Each of our vessels is equipped to handle private parties. Contact our Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-722-1112 today to discuss a customized package for your specific needs.